TemporaryProgrammer for Open Sources (Database Administrator)
Salary range: Negotiate
(A) Job Purpose & (Briefly state job’s overall objective)
• Responsible for implementing, managing, and tuning high-availability 24×7 PostgreSQL, MySQL or NonSQL databases.
• Establish policies and procedures pertaining to data management, security, maintenance and utilization.
• Develop, manage, and test database backup & recovery strategies, verifying data integrity.
• Perform database installations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations.
• Proactively monitor and tune for performance.
• Responsible for capacity planning and recommending paths to account for application growth that are in line with industry best practices.
• Consult with development and architecture teams to help meet continued application growth.
• Define and implement database schema and configurations working with our development teams.
• Create and maintain documentation of procedures, schemas and guides for troubleshooting database systems.
• Research and evaluate new databases, technologies, and trends to provide innovative ideas and solutions to improve the existing infrastructure and support new projects and requirements.
• Perform review of schema, stored procedures, and other changes to the database DDL.
• Audit for data integrity and consistency across systems.
• Work with data-warehousing and Business Intelligence tools.
• Creation and management of ETL applications and pipelines.
(B) Key Accountabilities / Job Responsibilities (List Describe the important end results you are expected to achieve. Start with the most important)
• Exhibit a strong understanding of programming concepts and methodologies
• Interact effectively with agency team, clients, vendors and partner agencies
• Ensure project status, roadblocks, and needs are properly communicated to project managers
• Work with senior development team to schedule work sessions to accelerate learning
• Communicate effectively with the direct manager on all project details, including timelines, deadlines, risks, and escalation items
• Demonstrate the ability to multi-task across multiple projects
• Know when and how to properly ask questions
• Self-directed, organized, detail oriented and able to set and meet deadlines
• Possess knowledge of agency services and ability to talk intelligently about agency at internal and external meetings and industry functions
• Understand and evolve an understanding of client’s strategic goals
• Communicate and assist in the development of client plans, strategies, and deliverables around strategic goals
• Demonstrate creativity and conceptual thinking on client projects
• Stay on top of new technologies and best practices
• Need to work independent with less supervise
• Will to travel to client’s site with short notice
• Ability to work under tight time constraints with dynamic requirements.
• Excellent organizational/time management, planning and prioritization skills.
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
(C) Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge (State the typical & minimum academic / professional qualification, specific skills/knowledge and type and length of experience required for this job)
• Good command in English/Bahasa Malaysia
• Diploma / Degree in IT or any engineering fields
• At least 1-2 years of experience in open sources development for enterprise architecture,
• 3-5 years experience in developing web applications
• Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or experience in a related fields;
o Experience with PostgreSQL and MySQL
o Basic knowledge in Oracle
o Expert knowledge of PL/PgSQL, triggers, and stored procedure development and optimization in PostgreSQL
• Experience with database replication, hot stand-by, clustering, and table partitioning.
• Linux platform familiarity, system resource monitoring and tuning.
• High-level of proficiency with PostgreSQL in a Linux environment
• Basic understanding of XML and XML Schema
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience with gathering and understanding business requirements
• MUST possess valid driving license D,
. Fresh graduate are encourgae to apply
How to Applyplease email your resume to email@example.com cc to firstname.lastname@example.org Any enquiry, please call me at 0104541854
157 total views, 1 today